Thursday, August 03, 2006

The End of the Road






For now it is the end of the road. Another few thousand miles of travel, another country the three largest U.S. cities, one new state, and best of all a chance to spend time with my freinds.

Once I had asked a my girlfreind where all her freinds were. It seemed as though she didn't have any, I never saw them for months. In response to my question she called a number of people in Chicago, San Franciso, and Brisbane Australia. I now realize that I am fast becoming the same way. In my home town I have only one person I really talk to who is not family. Other than that most of my freinds are elsewhere. The span from New York, LA, Istanbul, Cairo, Denver, Vancouver, Badsackingen, and of course Milwaukee. Like many other aspects of my life, my freinds are becoming scattered.

I hold great affection for those I just visited, thank them for their help and hospitality, and hopefully I will seem them or you very soon wherever you may be.

No comments: