Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hiking





This Golden Week I again did not have a lot of money to spend, so again I took to the roads around Fukushima and looked for places to hike. This year I took my friend Jon with me and Richard joined us for the third day.
We tried for 3 peaks in 3 days, but the third and tallest was too snow covered to reach the top. We did get to the tops of Adatara and Ogunigoya, but failed to summit Azuma. I am now suffering mountain withdrawl and I am going to hike the hills behind my house tomorrow. This was Golden Week.

Over the next few months I am setting my sights on higher yet, Iide and Fuji. Both mountains I have not done yet and both far higher than those that I have. It will be fun.

2 comments:

japalinka said...

One of my best days subbing with MPS is at Riverside today. :) Thought of you. Glad you're doing well and exploring and learning. Several of my Oki friends climbed Fuji and loved it but did recommend going for the sunrise and to be prepared for cooler weather, long waits and utter exhaustion. :) Are you serious about the rice farming? If you do, that'd be great, 'cause then i'll have someone to visit in Japan at any time. :D

Mom said...

I like the picture of the shoes!