Monday, February 15, 2016

This Is 34


Turning 34 two weeks ago was just another day in the year, but a time also to reflect a little bit about getting older. I guess that now I officially feel like I am no longer young. There are a few grey hairs in my beard, sometimes I find it difficult to read small writing on a computer screen (just bumped this up from 12 to 16 font size) and there are days were I feel like my back is getting stiff. Instead of thinking about all the pints I will have with the guys, now I think about staying home and not having a headache all day Saturday. Most days I get up early and even on weekends now its hard to sleep past 7am or stay up much past 10pm. If I get up in the middle of the night, which happens more often than not now, I feel stiff for at least a few steps. 


So another year has passed and besides the physical indicators of middle age I also feel that I am in my prime in many ways. I am pretty fit and exercise just about every day. I am generally healthy and have good body weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. Neither Aya nor myself have any major health problem. That is something to be thankful for, a wife and good health! Being DINKs allows for a good deal of disposable income to save or spend on traveling and so we are enjoying today while also making a good nest for tomorrow. My job is very enjoyable and I feel it is secure. I have a good outlook for the future. I guess I say all that to mean, sure some things are happening as I age, but for the most part life is very good. Here is to 34 and another year of gray hairs appearing. I welcome them. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, you should stop pulling Aya's gray hairs or soon she will be bald!

Unknown said...

That might be fun. to be bald.
Aya