Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom

Today, October 4th, is the first day of Ramadan. All the kids in school were sluggish as was I. I have decided to keep in tradition with Ramadan and fast all day. This means nothing passes the lips from sun up to sundown. I have also started to read the Koran. There is some pretty interesting stuff in there. However, it is hard to read a translation becaue some of the meaning gets lost. Sort of like taking a Latin bible and translating it into english. Some words do not carry over.

This weekend I will be going up too Alexandria where a I will take lots of pictures and swim in the Mediteranean. It is a good thing too because the kids are starting to get to me. It is hard to explain, but the kids have no problem solving skills. I gave a quiz the other day and one answer I got went like this.

1. In what year was Martin Luther King shot and killed?

He was shot in 2057.

I mean seriously!! That year hasn't even happened yet! The student just didn't think. That seems to be the case on all fronts. If I put a bucket of water at the front of the room and then lit the room on fire they wouldn't be able to figure it out.

No comments: