Monday, November 28, 2005

What Did You Do For Thanksgiving?





After almost four months here I finally got out to see the pyramids at Giza. It was pretty interesting, but at the same time it was oddly disappointing. We rode horses around the area which was nice. You can actually go right up to the pyramids and touch them if you like, which I did, and then I stole a bunch of pieces from it. There are three large pyramids and then a number of smaller ones surrounding them. Surrounding the entire area are dwellings built into the rock where slaves lived or were buried. I'm not sure because our guide was not clear. The most surprising thing of all was the Sphinx. It was much smaller than I thought it would be. It was about the size of a two trailer homes put together with a big bulbous head. Incredible, yet plausible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't tell you.... it's a secret : )