Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Do You Ever Think Of The Things That You Don't Think About?


It has been a while since I posted here. Nothing much has been turning my wheels. I continue with graduate school which is interesting, but not worth mentioning. I continue teaching, which is interesting, but not worth mentioning. I continue looking for a job for next year, which might actually be interesting to some.

I had my JET interview in early February and there the story hangs in anticlimactic limbo. I have to wait until the first week or so of April before I can hope that I will be notified whether or not I have been chosen. In the meantime I have applied to a few other places. I applied to greater L.A. Unified, which is a fancy way of saying every school in L.A. has a chance to have yours truly as an employee. I have also applied to N.Y. District, which is a dull way of saying all of the beautiful boroughs of New York City can peruse my resume'. They would be glad to have me I’m sure. I applied to the Brooklyn Catholic Diocese. I thought, what the hell, I like being in a Catholic school here. It has its perks and a down side, but I think the perks are good for me. I also applied to St. John Basco Catholic School here in bustling Sturgeon Bay. I don’t know why I did that. I guess because it was easy enough to do and seemed like a good safety. While I am sure the school will be a good one I am not so sure that I will want to be a teacher there. I need out of Sturgeon Bay. I’m too young for this. Perhaps when I am 35 or 40 I can come back.

So those are the safety nets, which is scary. If I don’t make it into JET I am not sure what I will have the gumption to do. I suppose I would end up in N.Y. one way or the other. Bright lights, big city.
On another note, I will be traveling again this summer. I have plans in place to go to London, Paris, Istanbul, and other parts of Turkey. I may visit relatives in Germany if time allows. Also, if I get the job with JET I will be shipping out at the end of July, landing in Tokyo then who knows. So, for those of you who like to read the travel blogs the season will be coming soon. Oh… also I am taking my class to D.C. at the end of April. Good fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think you look better with hair. But that's just my opinion. :)