Sunday, January 05, 2014

The New Year

Although it might seem like I fell off the face of the earth, I haven't. The real reason I haven't posted the last few months is because I lost my camera's charger. In the interim Aya and I went to Vietnam and Singapore for her birthday in October and then our anniversary in November. Both were great trips. 
In Vietnam we visited the chu chi tunnels and the War Remnants museum. Both were very interesting places. We tried going through the tunnels, Aya made it but I had to exit early. I guess she was the right size for it. At the museum we saw a lot of poignant photography of the history of the war of Vietnamese independence. It reminded me a lot of the museum I went to in Hiroshima as it left me with a feeling of disgust and frustration. War, what is it good for? Most of our time remaining we spent getting massages and chilling. Peace, love, and massage.
In November I tried to surprise Aya a with a trip to Singapore, which more or less worked as she didn't know where we were going until we got to the airport. The first night we went on the Flyer, a huge Ferris wheel near the downtown area. I'm not sure if it's because I've been on better, like the London Eye, but I wasn't too thrilled. The city did look nice though. The next day we shopped and then went on the Night Safari. It was cool as with the lights low it was hard to see the enclosures and so it seemed like we had free access to the animals (and them to us!). Many people tell me that Singapore is a big boring city, but I don't feel that way. Despite the shopping overkill I felt like there was plenty to do and the city had a nice feel to it.
So here we are in the new year and I have a new charger so the posts will resume. Though I haven't fallen off the face of the earth I am taking a leap this year. Hopefully someone will be willing to catch me.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You're on the wrong side of the earth for me to catch you!

mom again said...

Also, this is NOT a leap year - haha!

Kevin said...

Ba-dam ching! Good one mom. Happily, someone caught me. Tell you all about it tomorrow morning. Here is to a new adventure!