Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I am here

Hello to all,

Yes i have made it. It is hot and dirty. There is no way to stay cool or clean for more than a few minutes so i am giving up on that. Imagine riding in a metro car with 300 egyptians who don't bath that often and you will get the point. When i arrived they stuck me in a hotel with my roomate. They had not yet located an apartment for us but he and I are doing it on our own with help from teachers who arrived shortly before us. The search is going pretty good. It looks like i will get a 2000 sq ft two bedroom with 5th floor wrap around balcony for about 100$ each per month. So living conditions are good. The most important thing i see in a home now is the bide'. You have to have one, and since that is true it is good to have a nice on. I actually enjoy using it, it is very efficient and effective, more so than paper. I have drank the water and the food and I am not yet riddled with bacterial infections so that is well. The sun here is constant. I already have tan lines where i wear rings. For anyone who might want to come very soon October sounds like it will be a good time. It is cooler than and the month of Ramadan so i get half days at school. It is also then that i think i am going to take a horseback riding trip to the pyramids. I have yet to see the school but I am assured that it does exist, about 30 miles out into the dessert. I am going to live in a place called Maadi, it is in Ketteyama. I think you can find those on a map. I do my first hash run on Friday, so after that i think i will post again. Come check again on Sunday or so. Hopefully i will be fully connected by then.

No comments: